In an earlier post we showed how you can send data to your personal navigation device using Garmin’s POI Loader, which transfers the Pushpin data (waypoints) that you have created in Streets & Trips. In this post we will see how you can transfer the route that you have created in Streets & Trips to your Garmin Nuvi device provided that your Garmin device supports Multi point routing.
1. Start Streets & Trips application and create a route,
2. Then Export the route into a .gpx file by selecting the ‘Export to GPX file’ menu from under the Data menu. And save .gpx the file to the local machine.
3. Plug-in your Garmin Nuvi device and then browse to the.gpx file (exported from S&T) on your local machine, copy the file and paste it into the GPX folder in your Garmin device.
4. Now unplug the Garmin device from your computer. And wait for it to boot up. Then Select <Tools>
5. Scroll down and select <My Data>
6. Now select <Import Route from File>
7. And Select the <Route.gpx 1> file you just transferred to the Garmin Device. And click <Import>
8. Once the route is successfully Imported then go back and select <Routes>
9. Select the Route you just Imported.
10. That’s it, now you can see the route in your Garmin device
Even though you have transferred the route successfully from Streets & Trips to your Garmin device you may not get the same directions in your Garmin device as seen while planning your route using Streets & Trips. So review the route in your Garmin device before navigating on your route.